Below is the link to download Excel GST Invoice Template.
What are the specific mandatory fields in an GST compliant invoice?
To issue and receive a GST compliant invoice is a prerequisite to claim ITC. If a taxpayer does not issue such invoice his customer loses ITC claim and the taxpayer loses its customers. Here we mention the mandatory fields in an invoice:
- Invoice number and date
- Customer name
- Shipping and billing address
- Customer and taxpayer’s GSTIN
- Place of supply
- HSN code
- Taxable value and discounts
- Rate and amount of taxes i.e. CGST/ SGST/ IGST
- Item details i.e. description, unit price, quantity
What are the various types of invoices or supporting documents?
All different types of GST compliant invoices such as:
- sales invoices
- purchase invoices
- bill of supply
- credit notes
- debit notes
- advance receipts
- refund vouchers
- delivery challans (for supply on approval, supply of liquid gas, job work and other).